Contents on 11 February '20
- Radar Astrometry -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eleven observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 1101 risk-listed objects, 60 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1631 UTC on 11 Feb.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood traffic page
- Ephemerides for risk-listed objects & close passers
- News archive (old) & news image catalog (discontinued)
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers (mostly discontinued)
- Observing Campaigns (old)
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Radar Astrometry on 11 February '20
Radar observation of one object
Data update noted at 0100 UTC when the database was dated 10 Feb.
- 2020 CY1 (close passer) from Arecibo (Feb. 10.08 velocity, 10.10 velocity, 10.12 range, 10.14 velocity & 10.14 range)
NEOCP Activity on 11 February '20
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 19 listings
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had nineteen objects listed. Of these, eight were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 20 listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 11 February '20
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2020-C129 time-stamped "12:05 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2020-C130 time-stamped "19:26 UT" - Gareth Williams
MPEC 2020-C130 - "19:26 UT" - Gareth Williams
Quote: "After 30 years of service to the asteroid and comet community, Dr. Gareth Williams is retiring."
- Observations of close-passing objects
- K20C01Y 2020 CY1 (i=66.2°, Q=5.613 AU, arc=5 days, H=23.7 ~62m) from LCO Sutherland A (Feb. 10.82-84p4)
- Observation campaigns (NHATS targets, radar support)
- K20B05F 2020 BF5 (arc=12 days, H=25.0 ~34m, NHATS) from UH/Tholen NEO Follow-Up 2.24m Telescope (Jan. 30.49p2)
- K17A05E 2017 AE5 (arc=5 opp, H=22.3 ~117m, NHATS) from SATINO-1 (Jan. 4.02p2)
-- NHATS target table
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K20C00H 2020 CH (arc=10 days, H=25.3 ~29m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Feb. 10.99-04p4)
- K20B13D 2020 BD13 (arc=14 days, H=23.3 ~74m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Feb. 10.93-94p2)
- K20B10C 2020 BC10 (arc=16 days, H=25.2 ~31m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Feb. 10.95-97p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K20A00N 2020 AN (arc=32 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Tholen 2.24m (Jan. 31.21-22p2)
- K19Q06E 2019 QE6 (arc=150 days, H=21.4 ~178m) from Tholen 2.24m (Jan. 25.57p1 at G=23.13)
- O8926 248926 2006 WZ2 from Cancelada Obs. (Feb. 10.82-91p40)
- G3373 163373 2002 PZ39 from Castelmartini Obs. (Feb. 6.85-86p3), Geyserland Obs. (Feb. 10.44-45p6), ATLAS Mauna Loa (Feb. 10.45-47p4), and program code 1 via Kuban State Univ. Obs. (Feb. 10.66-67p2 & 10.74-75p8)
- F9454 159454 2000 DJ8 from Geyserland Obs. (Feb. 10.46p1)
- F3267 153267 2001 CB32 from Castelmartini Obs. (Feb. 6.78-79p3) and ATLAS Mauna Loa (Feb. 10.25-27p4)
- D8013 138013 2000 CN101 from Castelmartini Obs. (Feb. 6.84-85p3)
- A6538 106538 2000 WK63 from Lumezzane Obs. (Feb. 5.80-81p2) and Castelmartini Obs. (Feb. 6.82p3)
- 52768 52768 1998 OR2 from Kuban State Univ. Obs./code 1 (Feb. 10.68-77p9)
- 11405 11405 1999 CV3 from ATLAS Mauna Loa (Feb. 10.38-40p4) and Geyserland Obs. (Feb. 10.40-43p5)
- 05626 5626 1991 FE from Geyserland Obs. (Feb. 10.54-56p7)
Observers on 11 February '20
Eleven observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 1 in radar -- 2020 CY1|
|T08||ATLAS Mauna Loa in Hawaii, 3 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 163373, 153267, 11405|
|Z36||Cancelada Obs., 1 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 248926|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 163373, 153267, 138013, 106538|
|E89||Geyserland Obs. in New Zealand, 4 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 163373, 159454, 11405, 5626|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 3 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 2020 CH, 2020 BD13, 2020 BC10|
|C401||program code 1 via Kuban State Univ. Obs. in Russia, 2 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 52768, 163373|
|K91||LCO Sutherland A in South Africa, 1 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 2020 CY1|
|130||Lumezzane Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 106538|
|C95||SATINO-1 in France, 1 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 2017 AE5|
|T12||UH/Tholen NEO Follow-Up 2.24m Telescope in Hawaii, 3 in MPEC 2020-C129 -- 2020 BF5, 2020 AN, 2019 QE6|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 11 February '20
At last check (NEODyS at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.